Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sports Day!

One thing about having a child in Upper Primary and one in Lower Primary in our school is that if I want to attend the Sports Day (which is only for Upper Primary), I have to lug both #2 and #3 along. I love bringing my kids out, but it's really hot at the stadium and slinging or Ergoing the tot is no joke. And for today I had to prepare bentos for all of us (to be eaten at the sports stadium). There's one more for Takoyaki's best friend.
Riceballs with salmon filling, carrot tamagoyakis, ham flowers, cuke sticks and assorted fruits.

Actually, I found it quite enjoyable to do this "mass production", firstly because I only had to do at least 5 portions of each type of food and divide them between the boxes, and secondly, I could finally make a proper tamagoyaki. An authentic tamagoyaki involves making many layers of egg (layer rolled around layer), but when I'm just making it for one kid, I only use one egg, which results in a very skinny final product. Check out the layers of the tamagoyaki in the photo! Satisfaction. Here's a closer look at the bentos for Takoyaki and friend (I embellished them a little).



Last bentos tomorrow for both kids, and then it's the March one-week hols. Breaktime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...