Friday, July 6, 2012

Bread and sticks

I use my almost 2yo tot as my excuse for not charaben-ing. Charaben is the art of decorating bentos with kawaii/cute faces or designs such as Hello Kitty, Spiderman, Transformers, etc. The truth is, I don't have such deft fingers to cut out and put all those tiny features onto the food. I'd most likely just end up shouting in frustration and throwing it all away before I'm finished. The most I can do is punch out some facial features using a seaweed cutter and gluing it onto the bread/rice.

Here's Takoyaki's recess bento for today. I asked her last night whether she'd like one today as she usually doesn't want more than 3 bentos a week. And she replied immediately with a "yes please!" That really made my day, or night, as it were.

Cream cheese and Nutella half-sandwiches, cantaloupe and guava
Yesterday's bread crusts are today's breadsticks, this way nothing gets wasted. Mr Roast Meat loves his breadsticks, today topped with seaweed flakes and furikake.

Breadsticks, edamame and taomato/grape skewers
I am thankful to my friends Li Ming and Emmem for pointing me to various apps for watermarking pics. Love ya ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...