Thursday, January 31, 2013

Very Japanese Bento

I woke up in good time this morning to prepare today's bentos, so I really have no idea why I ran out of time and we ended up leaving late for school.


From left to right: jasmine rice with furikake, seaweed chicken, tamagoyaki, cherry tomatoes and fruits. Same thing for both kids.

Workflow (which should have worked out): Total 30 min
1. Set seaweed chicken to toast (15 min).
2. Set rice to steam (10 min).
3. Wash and cut apple (5 min). Wash and peel clementine (1 min).
4. Take tamagoyaki out of fridge and cut into pieces (1 min).
5. Set rice and chicken to cool in front of fan (10 min).
6. Pack all in (5 min).

I think I really bungled up at the packing part. Couldn't decide which boxes to use, so ended up changing from one box to another. Plus the tot woke up (which only took less than 5 min to settle him down again).

The box would look much better without the barans (silicone dividers) but I preferred to keep the crispy chicken apart from the moist rice and tamagoyaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...