Monday, May 6, 2013

Diligent Sunday Night

We had takeout last night so there would be no leftovers. Oh well. I was in the mood to cook. Today's bentos were cooked completely from scratch and packed last night.

Freshly cooked rice with gomashio topping, a cocktail sausage and a piece of panfried batang (mackerel) steak, all in an egg cup, which is just a very thin single egg omelette seasoned with some mirin and salt (my tamagoyaki recipe). Same for both kids.


The box is a little less full than it should be to keep the contents from moving around, but I was afraid they wouldn't have time to finish anymore. I did remind them to keep it horizontal.

So since I cooked my usual portions (enough for our family of five) and had a lot of food leftover, here's a box for myself and the little one for our breakfast this morning. Steamed hot and topped with a huge mound of kimchi d:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...