Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Bento Receiver - Minnie Mouse

It was with great pleasure that I presented her first bento to my niece, a lively 6-year-old, whom we shall call Minnie Mouse (not to be confused with my youngest child, Mouse). Minnie will be receiving occasional (and hopefully to become more regular) dinner bentos from me on some weekday evenings, as an effort on my part to relieve my parents who are caring for her and her 2-year-old little sister while their parents are away at work.

I had wanted to begin with some spaghetti to get her comfy with the idea of dinner bentos from 二姨 (Jee-Yee or Second Aunt as she calls me), because Minnie Mouse LOVES noodles, but it seems she may not like the pesto which I'd planned, so I gave her rice instead (which was what my family was having for dinner).


Menu:
Salmon-filled onigiris with gomashio (on the ends)
Cold boiled chicken with gomadare (sesame sauce)
Blanched 小白菜 (bokchoy)
Cherry tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...