Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Salute to a friend and Hokkaido Fair

Today, I met an old acquaintance, a Chinese lady who has a Japanese husband. She told me she wakes up 1.5hrs before her husband and kids leave for work and school, to cook and prepare bentos for all of them. April, you are awesome!
Roast Meat's recess consisted of an edamame korokke (croquette) from the Summer Hokkaido Fair that's happening now at Tampines Mall. This is a yearly event that we all look forward to, when we can indulge in Hokkaido gelato, sushi dons, ikameshi (braised squid stuffed with rice) for me, and I get to buy half a year's worth of chinmi (pickled seafood). Yay!

Korokke bento
 
Then, RM had a Learning Journey to the Science Centre after school, so I brought him lunch when I went to pick Takoyaki, who has a short day. I do think the food looks really good in the new Totoro box d:)

A filling lunch before a field trip

Lunch menu:
- Rice with gomashio
- Blanched long stem broccoli
- Ketchup prawns
- Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and yellow capsicum
- Grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...