Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kimchi Bokkeumbap Bento

This was a filling lunch for me and almost-3yo Mouse (whose birthday is tomorrow), which we had in school as it was the Full Dress Rehearsal for the Teachers Day Concert. For more on my experience with the concert, please see my other blog.

I have been very surprised over the past few months as Mouse seems to have found a strong liking for spicy, sour kimchi. As long as we have kimchi on our table at home, he will always ask for it. That's why I did not hesitate at all when I felt like having kimchi fried rice for lunch in school today. As long as I cut down on the kimchi juice and it wasn't too spicy, I knew he would like it (and eat a lot).



My kimchi bokkeumbap is made of only kimchi, leftover rice (steamed up hot), and chopped ham. I topped it with a sunny side up and some strawberry cherry tomatoes. Learn how to cook it at Maangchi's website. She also has lots other scrumptious authentic Korean recipes (with video, yay!) on her site and that's where I learnt a lot of my Korean cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...