Friday, February 7, 2014

Yummy Slime Bento - Fly Lice with Natto

I used to produce horrible fried rice (in my opinion), but that all changed when I moved to my current place and met my neighbour, who is an awesome home cook. She taught me the importance of a very hot wok before adding any ingredients, especially the oil. This prevented the foods from sticking to the wok (even if it's not non-stick) and brought out the aroma of every single piece. It never made sense to me - how could foods not stick to a wok/pan which was superheated?? But it works, and that's all that matters now. 

Takoyaki's Fried Rice Bento with Natto

Natto is a fermented soybean product from Japan which is chock full of protein and good probiotics. Many people can't deal with the smell and slimy texture though, so I'm thankful all five of us do d:) Like Korean kimchi, it's suitable for putting into bentos and keeping outside for a few hours, although if I knew my kids would only eat it more than 6hrs later, I'd probably include an icepack.

Roast Meat's bento

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...