Monday, July 14, 2014

What My New Bento Drawer Looks Like

One of the most serendipitous things about our latest move is that I am able to dedicate part of my kitchen to bento supplies. I planned ahead when I was designing my kitchen cabinets (after moving house about once every 3 years in the last 13 years I've more or less learnt what to do and what not to do) and was rewarded with at least two full drawers to house my bento supplies. 

Yes, AT LEAST two full drawers because some stuff is spilling out into nearby shelves due to my still-inefficient organisation. For now, the drawer that houses the bento boxes is neatly packed and a pleasure to behold (to me). Here it is.

Bento boxes organisation

Everything is available at a glance and can be easily pulled out, compared with my previous place where the boxes were stacked on a shelf and I had to remove the top ones to access the lower ones. And don't get me started on the boxes at the back! Those I barely touched because they were so hard to reach.

I'm thinking this drawer can still be further organised with the strategic placing of some drawer dividers but that will have to wait as I still have junk around the house to declutter and unpack. I also intend to give some of these boxes away as I doubt I will ever use them again, due to their shape or size.

The drawer above this one houses my bento tools and other supplies. It's not done yet so I haven't taken a pic but I hope to soon, after I find a couple of baskets to fit the designated space.

Viva la Bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...