Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Can't get enough of them Matryoshkas

Mr Roast Meat was unwell yesterday, so he stayed at home, and Takoyaki had a short day so I didn't prepare any bento. Was kind of a short break for me as well.

After racking my brains at 5.30am for a suitable silicone cup to hold the pork floss rolls separate from the biscuits, I realised the smallest Matryoshka box was perfect since it has a lid. In fact, any nested boxes set can utilise this method since they all fit into the next smallest container (took me so long to realise this, sheesh).

This is Takoyaki's box. Easily and quickly thrown together since everything's from stash except the fruits which had to be peeled.

Pork floss rolls, cow ear cookies, seaweed crackers, cherry tomatoes, clementine and longans

Mr Roast Meat is bringing a simple meal today. Rice with whatever I had on hand (luncheon meat, french beans, eggs, spring onions), with two cherry tomatoes and apple bunnies thrown in. And I warned the boy that if he cracks this bear (a gift from a close friend), I am going to crack his HEAD.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...