Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bento staple - Tamagoyaki

I finally caved in and bought a tamagoyaki pan to make my life easier. The great thing about this silicone-coated pan from Daiso is that it's really tiny, so I won't have to use so many eggs to achieve the many many layers.

Here's the result of my first try:


A little too dark, I'm afraid. I love the practically white tamagoyaki I've seen in professional bento pics and I've always wondered HOW they get them that way without undercooking? My friend Emmem recently posted her beautiful, UNburnt tamagoyaki and gave us a tip - low heat. However, all the videos I've seen say the pan must be hot (at least medium heat) so that the egg mixture will not stick to the pan. Argh... I can't get my head round this.

But I will try again!

Here's a great English vid by two Japanese ladies on how to use a tamagoyaki pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...