Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Frankenstein

My heart was itching to make a Frankie, so despite earlier protests, Frankie it is. Mr Roast Meat was actually ok with it, after he saw the finished product.


Frankie is slightly abstract on a cheese spread sandwich, the top slice of which is spread with kaya (coconut jam) to achieve the slightly green effect. The bat's on cheese with sesame seed eyes, and in the top tier is a very failed scallion and leek tamagoyaki (the pan is starting to stick very badly!) which I just chopped up and dumped in the silicone cup.

The hair, nose, mouth and scar of Frankenstein are all cut by hand, while the eyes are just little round pieces of cheese with a black sesame seed each. The nori bat is also cut freehand based on my memory of some of my friends' bats, placed on a sliced of cheese, left to soften a little, then I carved around the seaweed with my knife. The eyes are white sesame seeds, and I also gave Frankie a drop of sweat by sticking on one white sesame seed in his hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...