Wednesday, October 3, 2012

More of the Savannah

We went out for brunch at the heartland mall again. Mr Roast Meat told me LAST NIGHT that he has to bring a photo of himself to school on Thursday for Art lesson, so we had to make a dash to the photo store to get some pics developed. What's with children and last minute must-dos?

On our walk back, I thought this bento out in my head, so the minute we got home I timed myself and started cutting, etc. Took me exactly twenty minutes! Much less time than I expected, although I guess with a little better planning, it could have been even shorter.


It's a simple cheese sandwich, cut to fit the box WITH the box itself, so only the bottom crust is "leftover" (which will go into my bread crusts box to be ground into breadcrumbs for meatballs/patties at the end of the week). The cheese elephant and hippo are cut out with some cookie cutters, and features were pre-punched with my $2 Daiso nori punchers and kept in a pill box in the freezer (to keep them crisp).

On the spur of the moment, I decided to cut some of my leftover nori (from the feature punching) into simple shapes and add them to the picture. They are "glued" to the bread with a dab of kaya each (or you can use jam, butter, even water). Don't ask me what a fruit tree is doing on the savannah though. At the back are some seedless grapes and some peanut butter filled M&Ms. Oooh! said Mr Roast Meat.

I used some clingwrap to wrap up the Rilakuma silicone cup holding the M&Ms (to prevent them from rolling all over), and another sheet of clingwrap to cover the entire box before putting the lid on (to prevent the cheese from sticking to the box during "transportation"). That's it! Twenty minutes. If you can read Chinese - 绰绰有余.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...