Monday, April 15, 2013

Braised Chicken and Egg Bentos

I spent the weekend checking out some new recipes to use for bentos, and have found a few, including my friend Emmem's pork floss tamagoyaki and JustBento's treasure bag eggs. I have also been gathering ingredients for my pasta bento entry (which is just for fun, I know it won't win anything), and hope that I can get it done this week.

Consisting of some planned leftovers, some regular stash and freshly cooked rice, this bento was easily prepared and packed into boxes for both kids last night. The food will be nicely warmed to room temperature by their recess time.

The two boxes on the left are for Roast Meat (who will end up eating his at home because he suddenly started coughing till he got breathless this morning) and are holding some seasoned spinach, half a braised egg, some leftover braised chicken, and rice with spring onions on top.

Braised Chicken and Egg bentos

Takoyaki will be having the same except for the spring onions which are replaced by one of her favs - seasoned seaweed.

The eggs could have been braised longer for the colour and flavour to penetrate deeper, but I was out of time. Was looking for a new Korean drama to watch with hubby (Time Slip Dr Jin) but had problems trying to watch on our new smart TV.

2 comments:

  1. Your braised chicken looks so gd! Dr Jin is next on my list, watching tt winter, the wind blows now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Li Ming! It's just ye traditional ole Chinese 卤鸡.

      Ooh, a Song Hye Kyo drama! I'm interested, as long as it's not too much of a tearjerker. But Dr Jin first! Hehe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...