Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Leftover-Roast-Chicken Salad and Onigiri

These bentos were speedily made last night after dinner, with only minimal washing and cutting (fruits and veggies). Really convenient for me because these last few weeks I have not been able to get up earlier to bento in the mornings. 

Salad: Shredded roast chicken with drippings, chopped up red and yellow capsicums, chopped tomato, topped with a dollop of fresh tomato salsa made by Takoyaki. This girl is getting to be quite the cook and baker! (when she wants to be, which is not very often, alas.)

Onigiris are simply rice mixed with furikake and homemade gomashio. We had some for dinner. Yum. I hope Roast Meat unwraps his onigiri successfully *gulp* He's never done it before but I have given him instructions. My biggest fear is that he will drop the whole thing on the floor while trying to unwrap. Uh... better not to worry too much huh? d:)

Here's my video on how to use an onigiri wrapper.

Takoyaki has a kiwifruit.

RM does not
And tomorrow is the last school day of this term! I only have ONE last bento to make, for RM. What shall I prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...