Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Beat Summer with some Cool Noodle Salad!

June and July have been two months of oppressive heat and sudden, short downpours for Singapore this year. However, high temperatures are the norm so I decided to toss up some cold udon salad for both my critters. 

First, I cooked some dried udon, washed it well, then added julienned Japanese cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, sesame oil, a dash of homemade mentsuyu (Japanese dipping sauce) and natto, and mixed them well into a big bowl of slime. Next, I portioned it out into each critter's box.

Takoyaki's has Japanese seasoned jellyfish (chuka kurage) on top.


While Roast Meat has shredded surimi crabsticks.


And hey! There's some slimy noodle salad left for me to devour today. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...