Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Onigirazu

I have jumped on the bandwagon. Here is my first try at the latest bento craze in Japan - Onigirazu.

Onigirazu are simply a rice sandwich, wrapped with a sheet of nori. Why are they better than the traditional onigiri? Well, they have substantially more filling (which we love!) and they are soooo much easier to make than onigiri. You can use ANY filling you like, the possibilities are endless! One strange one which we saw was kimchi over sliced cheese, which seemed rather... weird to us.

There are many vids and sites on how to make onigirazu online. Check them out!

I've just done something simple - kimchi chicken (planned over) with corn kernels.


I stopped buying nori sheets for quite some time because I don't often make makizushi and the rest of the pack just went soggy after a while. Now I'll be buying this again since it's so simple to make onigirazu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...