Thursday, April 21, 2016

My Japanese Jiajiangmyun (Beef Soboro Udon) Bento

This was really easy, because I used up some beef soboro (Jap-style seasoned and fried ground beef) from a previous day's lunch which I'd store hygienically (but of course). So I just boiled the udon and tossed it with the soboro, then added the veggies on top.

RM had this for lunch because I had an appointment and after that, some errands to run, so couldn't be back in time to get him lunch.


I think it was a little greasy though (my fault when cooking the soboro). And customer feedback was not very positive although he could not exactly pinpoint the reason. I suspect it was because he ate it at room temp (about 2 hours after it was made) so the fat had kind of congealed.

Note to self: Serve this hot or at least warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...