Thursday, July 21, 2016

New Bento Boxes - Zebra lunchbox set

I'm growing ever increasingly disillusioned with the SG50 La Gourmet set from last year. I only realised recently that the gap in the top lid where the gasket fits, leads to the inside of the hollow lid, which there is absolutely no way to clean, especially if oily soup or sauces get into it. Yuck!

So, when I saw this on sale at the supermarket last week, I couldn't help myself.



Stainless steel round lunch bowls with leakproof, airtight lids and seals, yes please! The bowls stack up and fit (with room to spare for ice packs I suppose) inside the thermal lunch bag.



Each bowl has a plastic lid, with a blue silicone gasket and a colourless silicone seal, both detachable for thorough cleaning. The lids are really tight because of the seal, and airtight so that even if you turn the bowl over, the lids do not budge at all. The kids have reported that to get the lid off, they have to first open the blue gasket to let air into the container. Awesome!



There is a mesh pocket on the outside back of the lunch bag to hold cutlery. I haven't used the bag yet, as the bowls usually go separate ways (haha), but DH has started to bring very occasional bentos to work (so far only sandwiches) and these two bowls (12cm in diameter and approximately 500ml capacity each), should be just right for him. 

Meantime, as long as I'm packing oily foods for the kids, read - noodles, rice with gravy, it's these boxes I'm turning to. Hurray for stainless steel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...